Sunday, February 26, 2017

Transportation from kl to alor star via penang

Salam,
Just want to share my  experience from Kuala lumpur to Alor Star and  the cost involved.

First, from

Hotel Bangi-Putrajaya to KLIA

My sis send me to KLIA by car. The journey took approximately 45 minutes.

KLIA to International Airport Penang

I took flight to Penang instead of Alor Star because to save money :P. I bought the ticket last minute (about 1 day and half) before fly. It cost me RM 59.36. The flight journey took about 1 hour. It was my first time be at Penang Airport so need to figure out the surrounding. Then, from airport,

Airport Penang to Jetty (Weld Quay)

 When I step out from the airport (arrival part)I saw bus stop and waited for Rapid Bus. Within 5 minutes, bus arrived. I took the Rapid bus NO 401E. It cost me RM 2.70 to jetty and the journey took almost  1 hour 30 minutes . Then I walked to get the ferry. And don't forget to buy "jeruk" as souvenir. hehe

 Jetty (Weld Quay) to  KTM Butterworth 

Ferry is freeeeeee  from penang (island part) to Butterworth. But it cost RM 1.20 for vice versa journey. Enjoy the sea and breeze :) The journey took about 15 minutes.

KTM Butterworth to Alor Star 

Do prepare you need to do a lot of walking from the quay to the KTM. Exercise time! Then I bought a commuter ticket which cost me RM 7.10 to Alor Star and journey took about 1 hours.


Yeah, I'm using variation of transport in a day!

It cost me  RM 59.36 + RM  2.70 + RM 7.10 = RM 69.16 ( which I considered affordable for journey from KL and save my money too)

Journey time from KLIA to Alor Star: 1 hour +1 hour 30min + 15 min + 1 hour = 3 hour 45 min ~ 4 hours (including walking)

I do enjoy using different way to use various mode of transportation!
hehe.




No comments:

Post a Comment